Ayodhya dispute: After Modi govt moves SC, Muslim petitioner makes ‘entire country will burn’ threat – WATCH


JANUARY 29, 2019

In a significant move by the NDA ahead of Lok Sabha polls, the Centre has moved the Supreme Court seeking its permission to return the excess land around the disputed site in Ayodhya to original owners.

New Delhi: Haji Mehboob, a petitioner in the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid dispute case, on Tuesday opposed the NDA government’s move to seek the Supreme Court’s nod for giving a part of the 67 acres of undisputed land around the disputed Ram Janambhoomi-Babri Masjid site to original owners.

Threatening violence, Mehboob described the move as political. “The whole world knows about the current position of the BJP, therefore the Modi government took this step,” said the petitioner.

He added that if the “government would have taken this step two years back, people would have accepted it. We know that it is a big game. If this happens, the entire country will burn. Remember this, the country will not be saved.”

In a significant move by the BJP government ahead of the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, the Centre had earlier today moved the Supreme Court seeking its permission to return the excess land around the disputed site to Ram Janmabhoomi Nyas and other original owners.

“The applicant (Centre) is filing this Application seeking permission of this Court to permit the applicant to fulfil the duty to revert/restore/hand over the excess/superfluous land acquired under the Acquisition of Certain Areas of Ayodhya Act, 1993,” the plea said.

The Ram Janmabhoomi Nyas (a trust to promote construction of Ram Temple) owns approximately 42 acres of the undisputed land out of 67 acres which was acquired in 1993.

As per the Centre, only 0.312 acres of land is disputed. The “central government has no objection in principle if the superfluous land is restored to Ram Janmabhoomi Nyas as well as other original owners after determining the extent of land required for proper access to and enjoyment of rights in the disputed area for preparing and plan maps.”

“One party namely Ram Janmbhoomi Nyas whose land measuring approximately 42 acres [which is a part of the superfluous/excess land] was acquired, has moved an application relying on the constitution bench judgment of this court,” the plea said.

Source: TimesNowNews.com



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Post


Notice : The source URLs cited in the news/article might be only valid on the date the news/article was published. Most of them may become invalid from a day to a few months later. When a URL fails to work, you may go to the top level of the sources website and search for the news/article.

Disclaimer : The news/article published are collected from various sources and responsibility of news/article lies solely on the source itself. Vedic Upasana Peeth or its website is not in anyway connected nor it is responsible for the news/article content presented here. ​Opinions expressed in this article are the authors personal opinions. Information, facts or opinions shared by the Author do not reflect the views of Vedic Upasana Peeth and Vedic Upasana Peeth is not responsible or liable for the same. The Author is responsible for accuracy, completeness, suitability and validity of any information in this article. ​
© 2017. Vedic Upasna. All rights reserved. Origin IT Solution